Monday, February 3, 2014

Olive's 1 Month Birthday

I can't believe it has already been 1 month since Olive was born. I can't believe my baby is one month old! I can't believe I survived child birth. I can't believe I survived the aftermath of childbirth. Really though nothing can prepare you. I definitely wasn't prepared for how hard the recovery part was afterward, and I had it pretty easy. I also wasn't prepared for the painful experience of breastfeeding and how frustrating it can be at times. I survived though....well I'm still trying to survive and somehow I think I might make it, this calls for a celebration if you ask me. I have finally felt more like myself the last week. The hormones have made me pretty wacky, or just a witch, take your pick. Poor Glen. Like I said we are surviving, well I guess I can't speak for Glen.

Olive is one month old HOORAY! 

Olive weighs 10 pounds exactly. She has started to smile, no I mean it, she really smiles, she's not just pooping. She loves to eat, sleep and poop, pretty much the basics of being a baby. She loves her swing, sleeping with her parents in the early morning, snuggling, and being held. She loves when people sing to her and she really smiles when someone is in a intense discussion or talking passionately. She really hates books, I try to read to her and she screams, I'm trying not to be worried and am hoping in the near future she will start enjoying them. She also hates tummy time, being poopy, and when people are paying attention to their phones instead of her...okay that last one is more one of her mothers pet peeves but we'll pretend Olive and I are a lot alike.

We have absolutely loved almost every minute of parenting this little diva. I say almost every moment because I'd be lying if I said I enjoy my precious sleep being disturbed. It really is hard work on everyones part trying to raise a diva. Olive is our joy and I can't imagine life without her. Somehow she makes us feel complete. Our family has grown to three and I can't remember what It was like when it was only two of us (actually I can remember but I try not too cause I miss being able to be spontaneous) Really though we love our little Olive and she has changed our lives in so many beautiful ways. I love waking up and seeing her sleeping in her bed next to us. I love hearing her coos and I even love when she does her squeals to let us know that she needs attention. She's such a good natured baby. We are truly blessed and have so much to be grateful for. I don't know how life could get much sweeter. I don't know what we did to deserve such a perfect little person.

Here's her 1 month collage...just so you know we hardly take any pictures of her...just kidding, this is probably 1/3 of the pictures we have, I'm obsessed with her. I'm basically like one of those crazy cat lady's that take a million pictures of their cats but Olive is my cat. Enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. So stinkin' cute!!! I'm so so so excited to sing to and hold this little beauty. Yay baby Olive!!! Seriously, so cute.

    ReplyDelete