Saturday, February 8, 2014

Current Sitch

People keep asking "What are you guys doing right now, where are you living?" I guess it's their nice way of saying "Why are you living with your parents? Are you going anywhere in life?" I realized that the amount of people who keep asking us this is probably due to the lack of me keeping people updated on our current situation.

I guess life is full of unexpected things; pregnancy, marriage (hopefully not in that order), mosquito bites, sunburns, and living with your parents. I always thought I would be caught wearing Walmart clothing before I would ever move in with my parents. (Calley those jeggings from Walmart are legit, they don't count). Well you heard it from me. We are currently living with my parents and loving every minute of it, I can't speak for the other party involved though. Seriously though, It has been one of the best decisions we have made. We split meals so I cook two days a week and Katrina cooks two days a week and Clo Bot and Kelbs each take a night. We are eating like kings over here people. Olive, Katrina and I, well, we just party all day everyday. We have become the best of friends. We started remodeling my Uncle's apartments so we have spent most of the past two weeks cleaning, painting, ripping out carpet, vanities, and doing some serious reno. Katrina is a bad a$$. She knows all the tricks and I am learning so that someday I can take on my own house, or maybe just learn how to boss around the people I hire to do my own house. Olive sits in her swing for hours and watches us as we paint and have serious conversations about life and gossip. As for the gossip...I'm learning a lot of things I wish I didn't know. We also do grocery shopping together and Olive and I have occasionally go and watch her grandma tear it up on the tennis court. It's been nice to have help and man Grandma has saved Olive's mother more then a few times with diapers, and sleepless nights. We have loved our time here at the Harlan household we are thinking we should make it permanent, kidding mom, we will move out in July, I promise.

Yep we are moving out come July. "Why?" you may ask. My smarty pants husband got into Medical School. If I was ever going to drink vodka in my life it would probably be to celebrate the moment we found out he got excepted. But I don't drink vodka. We are ecstatic. I used to think that doctors took a little too many vacations and got paid way to much. After seeing what it took just to get into Med School we damn well better be going to Hawaii once every month. Glen has put in so much hard work that it has been inspirational to me. I thought about trying to be like him in my school work but I've excepted that I would rather have fun. After an amazing recovery of his MCAT score he received an opportunity to interview up in WA state at a school called Pacific Northwest University. We only applied to four schools, which some of you may know most people apply to at least ten, they also have rich parents to help them. Out of those four schools two rejected him, one put him on their wait list, and the other he received an interview. He flew out Friday afternoon for his interview on Saturday and stayed with a good friend of his who is currently attending the University. Glen fell in love with the school. After visiting he felt like it would be such a good fit for our new little family. After hearing that we would hear back the next Tuesday about an acceptance, Wednesday rolled around and we were getting worried...then Thursday hit and we were anxious. Glen was literally sitting on the toilet when they called. I'm serious. He also picked up the phone cause he knew who it was. I'm serious. From the royal throne Glen received his acceptance call from PCNU. We both cried. I guess if we drank vodka this is the part where we would drink vodka from the toilet because that is where we were when we found out  we got excepted. So come July we are taking our butts to Yakima WA. Can't wait.

For those of you who are super jealous you shouldn't be. The nice rainy Northwest weather is not in
 Yakima. You still can be jealous cause I have a hot husband and a fetching adorable baby but I guess we can't have it all cause Yakima is basically like Utah weather, but sunnier. Here's a picture I posted a while back. I searched pictures of Yakima in google and no joke that picture on the right is the picture it pulled up.

So living with my parents is temporary, but we love Mapleton and maybe someday we will come back. As for now we are enjoying every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment