Monday, December 23, 2013

Baby is being Tricky

If you asked me I would tell you that I've been in labor 5 different times! But alas this "false labor" thing really is starting to get me a little frustrated. Just when I think things will kick into gear and the baby will be on her way I'm wrong. The labor stops and no baby comes of it.

Friday December 20- Felt pretty regular contractions while out shopping at Costco with Mom, Dad and Glen. They were coming a lot and were strong and lasting a decent amount but they were not consistent. I went home and went to bed and they stopped.

Saturday December 21- Woke up with contractions again, I was excited thinking that they were good! They weren't painful though so I knew that was a problem. Had them on and off all day. They got stronger that night when I was out shopping with Mom, Dad and Glen. Ate at J-Dawgs (good thing to eat when you think you're in labor huh?) We went home, I sat in the hot tub for about 2 hours. Went to bed and didn't sleep. My contractions would wake me up, uncomfortable but not painful.

Sunday December 22- Decided at 4:00 am it was useless to lie in bed when I wasn't sleeping anyways. I got up and went downstairs (we were at my parents house) I sat around on the couch and about 6;00 am I fell asleep and about 7:30 my mom and dad were up. My Dad went to meetings and My mom and I went on a walk out to Neal's grave to see if It would help get my labor started. We turned back because I thought I was going to go to the bathroom in my pants! By the time we were done with the walk I was having way strong contractions (still not painful) Went to church and I was still having them. We went back to my parents house after sacrament meeting, and the snow was coming down quite a lot and we decided we should head back to Logan, by the time we got there I was having no contractions. Glen and I went and shoveled snow for 45 minutes seeing if that would help get things moving....nothing. Camille and DJ came over and we played games until 1:00 am. Went to bed.

Monday December 23- Slept like a freaking baby. No contractions in the night.Woke up and stayed pretty busy all morning. Went out shopping around noon to stay on my feet. Had my doctors appointment at 2:30 and was looking forward to seeing if I had progressed. Hadn't progressed, he stripped my membranes. We went to the mall and I started having contractions that were actually somewhat painful. We came home after four and a half hours of fake shopping. My contractions got less frequent, still a little painful but not bad. We are bummed. We decided to open presents early because at this rate we will probably be in the hospital on Christmas. I love Glen, he has good taste and I love all my presents! The contractions aren't getting harder or more painful, they're not getting more frequent or consistent. We are just waiting...


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that she finally came! You Bennions are such an adorable family. I miss you already

    ReplyDelete