Friday, November 29, 2013

Fanksgiving!

It would be terrible if I didn't take five minutes and write the things I am grateful for. Isn't that what Thanksgiving is about? Recognizing everything we have and taking a moment to step back and look at our loved ones around us. Life is so good.


Thanksgiving this year was spent at the Harlan's. Small and perfect. We had All the Harlan's-minus Bri, Ty, and Baby Han unfortunately, but everyone else was here! Douger, Barb and Justin joined us for the feast. I think being pregnant I didn't quite enjoy Thanksgiving like I usually do, I think it was because after not even eating half of the things on my plate I felt like the baby was going to explode out of my abdomen with a BANG like in the comic strips. I have to say the Sock-it-to-ya salad and the yams alone about did me in! But I prevailed and ate to my hearts content.


After we finished dinner Grammy and Grandpa and the Morris' joined us. We sat and talked and laughed. I was so overwhelmed with a sense of love for my family around me. I sometimes forget what a big difference they really do make in our lives. I thought a lot about Neal too. I miss him especially when we're all together like this, it just doesn't seem right. But it is alright.

Since I'm 20 I will write 20 things I'm grateful for....

1. Toilet Paper (i'd starve before I would go without it)
2. My own family! (BABY COME SOON!)
3. New computers so I can be a better blogger (Got a MAC)
4. My clothes in my closet, since I haven't been able to fit in them a new appreciation has risen.
5. Marshmallow Maytey's
6. 2% milk
7. My family of course!
8. Martinelli's because it's the closest thing i'll ever get to a alcoholic drink
9. Crown Moldings
10. Education
11. Instagram and all it's glory.
12. My amazing bed, this is an understatement, I love my bed.
13. Tea, Hot cocoa, and other hot things!
14. The sun
15. Glen being successful and being SO close to getting into Med School!
16. Glen tutoring me in Chemistry, I would be failing if it wasn't for you babe!
17. Friends and all their hilariousness, kindness, and excitedness for my new baby.
18. Fur, I just love fur right now.
19. Gimli, he's too cute to not be grateful for him
20. Razors, because otherwise I would be a part looking monkey woman.


I really am grateful for a lot of things. Our lives almost seem too perfect, like it's almost been too easy. Glen and I are so happy, yah a little stressed about a new baby (what's new??), but overall we have an great life together full of laughs hourly. Times are hard but times are good and for the most part these are good times and I should appreciate them because you never know what's around the corner. So for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment